Date Background   Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hi everyone!


My name is Jenny Le and I am the student representative for the Power Down for the Planet Summer Internship. I grew up in Beaverton, Oregon, just outside of Portland. I am currently a speech communications major at Oregon State University…Go Beavs! Throughout the years, I have grown to truly love OSU and the tight-knit community that comes with it. OSU may be located in an incredibly small town, but it holds a ton of personality.


I first became aware of the seriousness of climate change when I participated in a geography course at OSU called “Sustainability for the Common Good.” In this course, we learned about the impact of humans on the Earth’s systems. Most importantly, we focused on ways that students could achieve environmental sustainability. This course opened my eyes to how much the environment can benefit from simple actions made by individuals. Even small steps, like taking the Climate Savers Computing pledge, can make a huge difference. I’ve taken the pledge and I encourage you to do the same!


When I’m not working, my greatest passion is music and one of my favorite things to do is to attend concerts. Luckily for me, Portland is a city with a great local music scene. I also really enjoy photography, thrift shopping, Vietnamese food, and my crazy dog, Wookie!


I am incredibly excited to have the opportunity to work with Power Down for the Planet and the Climate Savers Computing Initiative this summer. I’m going to be doing fun and interesting stuff all summer long to prepare for the campaign launch, so make sure to check in regularly to see what I’m up to and get updates on the Power Down for the Planet campaign!


To stay up to date on the campaign, please make sure to follow me on Twitter (@PowerDownEdu) and become a fan of Power Down on Facebook. (Facebook.com/PowerDownforthePlanet)

Bookmark and Share

Story Divider

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

«Home

© 2011 Climate Savers Computing Initiative. Climate Savers® is a trademark or registered
trademark of WWF, the international conservation organization used under license.